optical fiber light 2022 12 15 21 12 28 utc scaled

Taking a Closer Look at the Most Popular NBN Plans in Australia

Are you looking to get the most out of your National Broadband Network(NBN) connection? Choosing the right plan is the key to making sure you get the best possible experience out of your internet connection. In this article, we take a closer look at the most popular NBN plans in Australia, whether you’re comparing iSelect best NBN plans or doing your own research. Keep reading to find out more!

What Is the National Broadband Network?


The National Broadband Network is an Australian government-backed initiative to provide high-speed internet access to all households and businesses across the country. The project involves upgrading the existing telecommunications infrastructure to fibre optic technology, allowing for faster and more reliable connections. The NBN aims to deliver internet speeds of up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) to 93 per cent of households, with the remaining 7 per cent to be served by satellite or fixed wireless connections.

Home Basic I

If you’re in search of a basic NBN plan for everyday use like sending emails or making phone calls, the Home Basic I plan could be a perfect fit. This is the most basic internet plan, offering average busy period speeds that are suited for basic internet usage but not recommended for heavy streaming or downloading. The plan is perfect for those who want to avoid paying high prices for the internet when they don’t need it for intensive activities like gaming, streaming, or downloading large files.

Home Basic II

Home Basic II is an NBN plan that’s aimed at households with minimal usage requirements, catering to internet activities like browsing the web, sending emails, and standard video definition streaming. This particular NBN plan is ideal for small-sized households with one to two users online at the same time. The plan is moderately priced, keeping in mind the minimal usage it offers.

Home Standard


Home Standard is an NBN internet plan that’s specifically designed to cater to the needs of a three-to-four-person household. With busy speeds reaching up to 30 Mbps, this plan will allow you to perform all your online activities with ease. Whether you’re streaming your favourite TV shows in HD, working remotely from home, or gaming online with your friends, Home Standard has got you covered. With its fast internet speeds, you can enjoy gaming sessions with minimal lag or seamlessly stream your favourite movies without buffering issues.

Home Fast

Home Fast offers lightning-fast speeds of up to 60 Mbps during busy periods. Whether you’re a busy household with multiple devices or a professional who needs to transfer large files, Home Fast has you covered with its reliable and high-speed internet connection. Not only does Home Fast offer faster speeds, but it also allows up to five users to be managed on the same network. This means everyone in your home or office can enjoy seamless streaming, downloading and uploading without worrying about buffering or slow loading times.

Home Superfast

With speeds reaching up to 150 Mbps, this plan can easily handle high-demand activities like 4K or 8K streaming, online gaming, and large file downloads. This means you can stream your favourite shows and movies without buffering, play lag-free online games, and download large files in a fraction of the time it would take with slower internet speeds.

Home Ultrafast


The Home Ultrafast NBN plan boasts speeds reaching up to 450 Mbps, allowing you to take care of all your high-speed internet needs—and then some! With high-speed internet, you can say goodbye to buffering, slow downloads and browsing delays. With multiple users in your home, you don’t have to worry about the internet speed slowing down, the Home Ultrafast plan has the power to handle virtually limitless simultaneous connections.

Overall, it’s essential to take a closer look at the most popular NBN plans in Australia as they can vary significantly in terms of price, speed, and data allowances. By doing so, customers can make an informed decision that best suits their needs and budget.